The 128 bed accommodation is our latest addition to Pt Augusta Prison and representative of the meticulous examination of detail we apply to every Corrections project.
Our design philosophy for Corrections pursues viable reductions in life cycle cost and functional improvements in design. Successful examples on this project include:
- Precast thermomass panels for rapid on-site erection,
- Revised window detailing for improved daylight penetration without compromising security,
- Improved accommodation layouts for equitable bed distribution,
- Improved kitchen amenities,
- Refined construction detailing.
- Importantly, providing more humane environments that support rehabilitation goals is an overarching design philosophy.
- An improved prisoner ambient environment is a proven strategy in rehabilitation.
- Better surveillance improves safety for staff.
- Improved energy efficiency, attention to constructability and quality design all supports an asset of community value.